Do you want dramatic change or do you want to preserve the values of our forefathers?
This will be my one and only venture into political comment. As fiction writer, I have been advised to never comment publicly about politics, but I can’t stay silent, because I’m worried about our country’s future.
Consider each party’s platform, the changes and possible consequences listed below.
The Democrats want to tear everything down and start over. Here are the changes they want and possible consequences.
- Defund the police so crime and anarchy will increase substantially.
- Establish socialism.
- Abolish ICE and don’t close the border. Welcome crowds of workers wanting to take jobs from American citizens at lower wages, which will keep wages in other jobs low. Expect more drugs and criminals. Stop deporting illegal aliens who have committed felonies as the law states now.
- Continue to allow a whole slew of relatives, instead of just the immediate family, to immigrate legally because they have a slight relationship to an American citizen.
- Do nothing to discourage American companies from building plants in other countries and eliminating American jobs.
- Provide medicare for all citizens and illegal aliens, making taxes rise exponentially and taking away people’s private insurance companies and right to choose their doctors. Taxing the rich, even heavily, will not provide enough money to pay for this. Doctors, now willing to take discounts for Medicare patients, won’t want to have their bills heavily discounted for everyone, making doctors hard to find.
- If keeping Obamacare, continue subsidizing private healthcare insurance companies that don’t make money.
- Provide college educations for all who want it, making taxes rise exponentially. Taxing the rich, even heavily, will not provide enough money to pay for this. Poor students will waste college resources.
- Increase welfare amounts, which will encourage people to stay on welfare instead of getting jobs.
- Build low rent apartments in the suburbs.
- Increase regulations and taxes on businesses so growth, productivity, and number of jobs will decrease.
- Eliminate production of fossil fuels and forbid fracking so the United States will have to depend on other countries for fuel, and jobs in those fields will be lost.
- Work toward banning planes and automobiles because they use fossil fuels.
- Invest in green energy companies with poor business operations like Solyndra, which received a 535 million loan guarantee under Obama’s government, but failed to make a profit.
- Be friendly to China, which gave us Covid 19, stole intellectual property, took away manufacturing jobs and steel production and required large tariffs.
- Allow China to absorb Taiwan.
- Encourage abortions by allowing fetuses to be destroyed when viable and babies killed even after birth.
Republicans want to preserve the values of our forefathers. Here are their plans.
- Encourage everyone to work hard, use initiative, and develop businesses so people will prosper.
- Finish the wall and limit immigration to people who will be good citizens and strengthen ICE to discourage the entry of drugs and criminals in our country.
- Continue to deport illegal aliens who have committed felonies – current law.
- Encourage cities to have strong police forces to protect people and keep crime down.
- Continue to encourage businesses to build plants and keep jobs in this country.
- Keep regulations limited, so business will prosper and people will have freedom to direct their own lives.
- Require other countries to pay their fair share on NATO expenses as Trump has done.
- Keep Iran from producing nuclear missiles.
- Reduce our military presence in other countries to save American lives.
- Discourage China from taking over Taiwan.
- Find ways to reduce healthcare expenses without dropping healthcare insurance eligibility for pre-existing conditions.
- Allow states to make their own abortion regulations.
- Make good trade deals that keep tariffs down.